Pages

10/25/2012

Classroom Cheers

I have been using classroom cheers in my class for years.  The kids love picking out what cheer we are going to do for them when we celebrate their success.  It is very motivational for the kids and everyone wants to participate in the lesson because they want us to cheer for them.

Dr. Jeans has some great cheers that you can use in your classroom.  I have posted a link to her cheer cards that are free to print off.

http://www.drjean.org/html/monthly_act/act_2004/06_june/06_2004a.html

I have also made up a few cheers.

The fishing cheer:

Pretend to cast your imaginary fishing pole out, and pretend to reel it in as you say _________caught a big one!

The baseball cheer:

Pretend to swing a bat and say  ___________ hit it out of the park

The Winner:

Pretend to ring an imaginary bell and say "ding, ding, ding, we have a winner"

Your so fine:

Hand jive as you say: "_________,  ____________, you're so fine, you're so fine, you blow my mind.  Hey ___________ (clap) Hey, hey, hey ___________.

Do you use any cheers to motivate?

2 comments:

Heather's Heart said...

I love cheers! We actually have the job of the Cheerleader who helps celebrate others by blowing a party horn. It is so stinky sweet to watch. =)

I am happy to be your 1st follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. I have lots of *freebies* you can grab. =)

Heather
Heather's Heart

Unknown said...

Thanks for becoming my first follower! I started this blog and wondered if it was live or not. I will check your blog out. :)