Pages

3/12/2013

Fluently Add Within 5 (K.OA.5)

We have been working on our fact fluency for the past few weeks.  I was trying to come up with a catchy song to practice the facts each day.  I wish I was more musically inclined, here is what I came up with...


I created timed test that the kids take each week if they pass the zero's then the next week they take the one's test and so on.  When they pass a test they get to color part of their ice cream paper.  We are working towards an ice cream party when we have a at least 80% of the class pass 0-5.  This is a picture of their ice cream papers. They color the spoon for passing the zero's, bowl for one's, ice cream for 2's, and start to add toppings of their choice for 3-5.


We also make french fries to practice each week by putting the problems on popsicle sticks. I just used a library pocket to hold the sticks as the fry container.  They take them out and practice their facts every day.

No comments: